April 8, 2020
  • 5:53 pm Joe Biden to address impeachment and Trump-Ukraine whistleblower call , live stream
  • 5:53 pm President Trump’s 2020 State of the Union address and the Democratic response (FULL LIVE STREAM)
  • 5:53 pm Video – Need help? Call Blue Card Services!
  • 5:53 pm Temple University Student’s Viral Tik Tok Video Calling North Philadelphia ‘The Ghetto’ Causes Outra
  • 4:52 pm @TorontoPolice News Conference Re: Homicide #54/2016 Jarryl Hagley, 17 | Fri Oct 21st, 1pm
Empowered to Act: Reporting Wages to the Social Security Administration

EmpoweredNYC is a pilot initiative committed to improving the financial stability of New Yorkers with disabilities and their families. Welcome to the Empowered to Act Info Series. Today’s topic is what you should know about reporting your wages to the Social Security Administration (SSA). Reporting Wages: If you are a Social Security disability beneficiary and receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or both types of benefits, and you
have returned to work, you are required to report your wages to the Social Security Administration. When you start a new job, you must notify SSA and provide them with the following information: • Your name and Social Security number,
• Name of your employer, • Number of hours you work each week,
• Hourly rate, and • The date you began working. You are also required to notify them when:
• Your pay and hours increase or decrease, and
• Your job ends or you get a new job. Timely reporting is important for two key reasons:
• to make sure your benefits are paid correctly, and
• to reduce the possibility of you having an overpayment with SSA. If you need to find your nearest SSA Field
Office, visit: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/. Tips for Reporting Wages:
Be sure to report all monthly wages each month. If you have more than one job, include wages
from all jobs. If you report wages online, be certain to
report each job separately. SSA is required by law to provide you with a receipt no matter how you report
your wages. If SSA does not send or give you one, you
can request SSA to give you a receipt confirming that you have provided proof of your wages
to them. Keep the receipts in a safe place. If you are overpaid, the receipts may help
you. If you are reporting self-employment, you
will need to contact the SSA office at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 800-325-0778). Reporting wages when receiving SSI • If you receive SSI, the best way to report
your earnings is by using either the SSI Telephone Wage Reporting automated phone system at 866-772-0953, or by using the SSI Mobile Wage Reporting app at http://bit.ly/1LZRSF7. • You should report your wages to SSA within the first six days of the month. Early reporting helps to prevent incorrect
SSI payments. If you miss reporting during the first six-day
period, you can still report at any time during the month. • You can also sign up for email or text
reminders to report monthly wages for SSI at: https://www.ssa.gov/ssiwagereporting/. Reporting wages when receiving SSDI: • If you receive SSDI, report earnings each month to SSA through your “my Social Security”
account. • To create a new account, or to access
a current account, visit www.ssa.gov/myaccount. • When you first report using the “my
Social Security” account, you must have the Employer Identification Number (EIN) for
your employer. The EIN may appear on paystubs and W-2 forms
or you may need to ask your employer. If You Receive Both SSDI and SSI
Benefits: Always remember to report to both programs. Earnings affect each benefit differently. You can choose from several options: 1. Use your “my Social Security” account
to report your earnings to the SSDI program at www.ssa.gov/myaccount and use either the automated phone system at 866-772-0953 or the free wage reporting mobile app at http://bit.ly/1LZRSF7 to report your earnings to the SSI program. 2. You can also make copies of all paystubs and
mail or fax them to your local SSA office. 3. Lastly, you can make copies of all paystubs
and bring them in-person to your local SSA office. Keep a copy for your records and, for whichever
method you use, make sure you get a confirmation or receipt from SSA. To learn more about reporting wages, link
to one or both of these full one-hour webinars: Overview of SSI: Benefits and Work Supports nationaldisabilityinstitute.org/webinars/empowerednyc-ssi-benefits/ Overview of SSDI: Benefits and Work Supports nationaldisabilityinstitute.org/webinars/empowerednyc-ssdi-benefits/ Be Empowered to Act and book an appointment
with a financial counselor who can help you meet your financial goals so that you are
able to do more. Counselors are trained on disability benefits
and accessibility. Our free and confidential financial counseling
for people with disabilities can help you: • Manage your SSI or SSDI benefits,
• Tackle SSA overpayments, • Transition to work, and more. To schedule an appointment: Call 311 / Video Phone 646-889-2626
Visit nyc.gov/EmpoweredNYC Accommodations available upon request.

Robin Kshlerin